Monday, January 24, 2011

Groundhog Day on repeat. Groundhog Day on repeat.

I have a dilemma. Well rather, I have an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach that I can’t get rid of. The motions of my days seem to puddle together and it feels as if I can no longer differentiate between which day is what. The what seem to be never-ending functions of my days are as follows:
1.       Wake up
2.       Get ready
3.       Eat breakfast
4.       Walk to class
5.       Take a break in between classes
6.       Sleep
7.       Go to another class
8.       Eat lunch
9.       Sleep
10.   Go to another class
11.   Relax
12.   Study
13.   Dinner
14.   Exercise
15.   Study
16.   Study
17.   Sleep
Looking at it now it’s rather depressing and while I do have great moments throughout my day it feels as if I’m living in my own personal version of Groundhog’s Day, you know with Bill Murray, where he wakes up every day, in the same day, to only figure out that no matter what he does differently it will never change; the next morning he will wake up to the same song playing on the radio.
I’m not necessarily saying I’m unhappy, I just feel like this can’t be it; I mean really??? A part of me, on a whim, just wants to pack everything I own, move to New York, attend Columbia University and really go after what I want the most. I feel like we’re all just here stalling doing mediocre things waiting on a mediocre life. I just can’t. I guess the one conclusion I can draw up is to make changes rather than sit around and wait for the sky to fall onto my head. I’m going to aim to be a little bit more optimistic about things surrounding me, people, places, etc. This could just be my just-turned-nineteen-quarter life-crisis.

Until next time blogspotters.

No comments:

Post a Comment