Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It got me thinking...

It's rather quite typical of me. I check all of my accounts before starting on my schoolwork, which by the way I have a thousand. I came across something rather interesting from someone I follow here on blogspot.

He opens up about never really having a "true best friend", someone that he can confide in 100% of the time. Due to the fact that I know the author of this blog quite well it made me a little sad to read some of the things he had to say. Don't get me wrong, the last thing he wants is sympathy or pity; he is far from THAT type of individual, it's just the simple fact that there is so much more to people than I think we all realize.

The upbeat, happy all the time person could have more problems than you think. The quiet "stuck-up" girl could easily be going through things at home, or with friends. We ALL continuously judge people initially upon meeting them and my question is simple, "Is this right?" As I stand on my soapbox let me be the first to stay that I am unfortunately guilty of this as well; I guess I can use the poor excuse of, it's in our nature.

While this blog doesn't technically have a point, or a life-learned lesson, it definitely got me thinking about the people around me. Maybe after this quick realization I will be a little more conscience of what I say about and around others.

All in all I just want my fellow blog friend to realize that while I may not be able to fill the void of "best friend" and while I may not be the TOP choice for a really good friend I hope he realizes that I am always here, regardless of the circumstances, regardless of what people say. Love you kid.

"A friend is someone understands your past, believes in your futures, and accepts you just the way you are."

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment